BTEC Level 3 Sport (90 Credit Diploma)
Campus: New York Stadium – Goal Zone: 16-18, 19+
About this Course
The Level 3 Sport programme from Rotherham United Community Sports Trust is exciting, dynamic and always moving. Delivered by qualified staff at the Trust it is mainly run at the town’s football ground, the stunning ‘New York Stadium’, the course also uses other venues to offer you are variety of experiences and prepare you for Higher Education and/or your career.
What will I study?
– You will study a variety of subjects throughout the year, including:
– Anatomy and physiology
– Exercise, health and lifestyle
– Fitness programming
– Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and maths
– Fitness testing and training
– Practical sports
– Sports nutrition
– Sports psychology
What added value will I receive?
– The course is run in partnership with the RNN Group. Students will have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of a teaching and learning environment at the New York Stadium and other local sports and leisure facilities
– You will be encouraged to take part in competitions, cross-college sport and volunteering
– Students on the football and futsal pathways will play against other colleges and professional clubs
What can I progress to?
There are many Sports Higher Education courses available including a range of different universities and our Foundation Degree in Community Football Coaching and Development. Previous students have also developed careers as sports coaches, personal trainers and play workers.
What are the entry requirements?
– Five GCSE grades A – C including English language or equivalent
– A good reference
How to apply?
Please contact Our Education Manager Matt Edwards on 01709 827767 or email email@example.com, alternatively please click the link below and complete the online EOI form…