NCFE Level 2 Sport Diploma
Campus: New York Stadium – Goal Zone: 16-18, 19+
About this Course
The NFCE Level 2 Sports Diploma is exciting, dynamic and always moving. Delivered by qualified teaching staff at Rotherham United Community Sports Trust it is mainly run at the town’s football ground, the stunning ‘New York Stadium’, the course also uses other venues to offer you are variety of experiences and prepare you for Higher Education and/or your career.
What will I study?
– You will study a variety of subjects throughout the year, including:
– Anatomy and physiology
– Functional Skills or GCSE in English and maths
– Expedition skills
– Fitness testing and training
– Practical sports
– Sports nutrition
– Sports psychology
What added value will I receive?
– The course is run in partnership with the RNN Group. Students will have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of a teaching and learning environment at the New York Stadium and other local sports and leisure facilities
– You will be encouraged to take part in competitions, cross-college sport and volunteering
– Students on the football and futsal pathways will play against other colleges and professional clubs from around the country.
What can I progress to?
Students may wish to continue their full-time study on the Sport Level 3 course. Future employment opportunities may include leisure centre assistant or sports development assistant.
What are the entry requirements?
– Four GCSE grades at D including English language or equivalent
– A good reference
How to apply?
Please contact Our Education Manager Matt Edwards on 01709 827767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively please click the link below and complete the online EOI form…