Rotherham United Community Sports Trust are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, charismatic and dedicated individual to their coaching team.
RUCST is committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
We are a diverse Trust that respects differences in race, disability, gender, faith background or personal circumstances we welcome all application. We want everyone to feel valued and included in the football community and to achieve their full potential. The trust is opposed to any discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
Post Title: Part Time Community Sports Coach
Hours: 10 hrs per week between hours of 4pm-9pm and weekends only
Based at: The Goal Zone, New York Stadium
Responsible to: Inclusion Manager, Sports Development Officer
Responsible for: Volunteers, casual coaches and/or assistants from employment initiatives
Principal Purpose of Job
To deliver a range of high quality sport and physical activity opportunities that are progressive and reflective of the needs of young people in the local community. The person applying MUST be able to work evenings and weekends
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To effectively design, plan and deliver a range of high quality sessions in a range of sporting activities that are accessible to all young people.
2. To deliver a range of sporting opportunities at a fundamental level and to Learn to Train phases of the player pathway that are structured, safe, progressive and fun.
3. To work with partner agencies to identify local volunteers from the community and to develop a comprehensive coach education/development programme.
4. To effectively supervise, mentor and direct support staff, volunteers and apprentices.
5. To imaginatively promote local sporting opportunities to young people in schools and community settings.
6. To take positive steps to identify and overcome barriers to participation amongst young people from disadvantaged backgrounds through good coaching practice
7. To assist in establishing Multi sport/skill clubs and new junior clubs/sections after school or in the community
8. To assist in identifying talented young people and encouraging their further development particularly through the creation of strong school – club links.
9. To undertake training and continuous professional development as necessary relevant to the post and further career advancement e.g. tutor training or Level 3 sports specific coaching qualification
10. To assist in the collation of management information and preparation of reports for the steering group and funding agencies.
12. To contribute to developing and maintaining effective and positive working relationships with all partners and community organisations.
13. To respond to general enquiries and deal efficiently with any administrative requirements resulting from the implementation of activities e.g. production of activity registers.
14. To carry out duties in accordance with the employing agency equal opportunities policy, information security policies, financial regulations and the Health and Safety at work Act.
15. To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post.
– The post holder will need to have the ability to travel independently across the borough and transport equipment to and from venues.
– As the post involves working with children / young people the post holder will be subject to an enhanced CRB Check.
– The post will involve working unsociable hours (evenings/weekends).
To Request a full job specification please email email@example.com.