Rotherham United Community Sports Trust are looking for an enthusiastic Part-time Marketing & Communications Intern to join our team.
About the Organisation & NCS Programme
Rotherham United Community Sports Trust (RUCST) work alongside Rotherham United Football Club to bring a better standard of living to various groups across the borough of Rotherham. RUCST delivers under four main themes of the English Football League Trust: Education, Health & Wellbeing, Inclusion and Sports Participation. Within this offer we are joint largest provider of the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme in Yorkshire & Humber. This is a government funded programme which provides a once in a lifetime experience to 15-17 year olds. The aim of the programme is to promote a more cohesive, responsible and engaged society. It is a fun, action packed programme comprised of residential and social action activity that gives young people the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends whilst developing their skills and doing something truly inspiring with their summer. Our most recent summer programme saw us engage with 665 young people and our target for summer 2019 is 705 young people.
Position: Marketing and Communications Intern
Description: Rotherham United Community Sports Trust seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist in its marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing whilst working for a locally based non-profit organisation.
• Update and maintain RUCST & NCS social media presence, including scheduling Twitter, Instagram & Facebook updates
• Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
• Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for RUCST & NCS events
• Update the RUCST website when needed
• Reach out to the community organisations, general public with the message about what RUCST & NCS offers
• Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Completed or working toward a degree, preferably in a related field (e.g. English,
Marketing/Communications or Public Relations)
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications would be advantageous
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe, InDesign and Photoshop
• Knowledge of HTML and graphic design would be advantageous
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organisational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Enthusiasm or other experience in Youth Work would also be an advantage
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: Negotiable but must meet criteria of at least 100 hours to be completed
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can apply here:- https://www.rucst.co.uk/news/vacancies/
Rotherham United Community Sports Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.