Following the successful return of limited sessions at Parkgate Astro, Rotherham United Community Sports trust are pleased to announce the next phase of sessions (Millers AllSports) which will be an initial 3 week block, free of charge starting week commencing 29th June 2020.
Millers AllSports will offer physical education sessions for participants from foundation level up-to key sage 4 (3 – 17). Many employees at the trust are parents and we can appreciate the difficulties of home schooling in these unprecedented times, with that in mind we have set up 4 sessions per day, Monday to Thursday to assist in the delivery of physical education at our sports facility (Parkgate Astro). The sessions will be delivered by our qualified sports coaches and management team in correlation with the national curriculum, in a fun, friends and engaging manner.
Jamie Noble, Head of Community said “We feel this second phase of delivery is a necessity to support local families with respite or to offer a place for their children to enjoy high standard sport sessions in a safe and controlled environment.”
“The first phase has been an overwhelming success but unfortunately not everyone was successful in booking a place, however we hope these multi-sports physical education sessions will provide an abundance of spaces and hopefully cater for many more children across Rotherham.”
“The feedback has been great, and it’s a credit to the team. We are passionate about providing an exceptional service to the local community and as restrictions ease further, we hope to expand our delivery.”
Millers AllSports will continue to follow the government guidelines, with 10 spaces split across 2 pitches per 40 minute activity slots. Children who book on must be available to attend the 3 week block as we try to continue working in controlled groups.
Full session details and links to book online are as follow;
Mondays – 29/6, 6/7 & 13/7/2020
4pm – 4:40pm, KS3 Girls only (11 – 14) BOOK HERE
Tuesdays – 30/6, 7/7 & 14/7/2020
1pm – 1:40pm, KS1 (Ages 5-7) BOOK HERE
Wednesdays – 1/7, 8/7 & 15/7/2020
2pm – 2:40pm, KS1 (Ages 5-7) BOOK HERE
Thursdays – 2/7, 9/7 & 16/7/2020
3pm – 3:40pm, KS3 (11 – 14) BOOK HERE
– Sessions will be in groups of 5, plus a coach (2 groups per timeslot, on separate pitches)
– Block booking only, these groups will remain the same each week for the duration of the block
– Strictly online booking only
– These sessions will be free of charge
Below is a breakdown of guidelines that must be followed for sessions
– On arrival please remain in cars until 5 minutes before your session is due to start. You will then be greeted by member of staff.
– Clubhouse is out of use so please follow the signage around to the pitches.
– Each player will have their own marked area for drinks, clothing etc.
– Parents must remain on site throughout the session. Only one parent/guardian per child within Parkgate Astro.
– Outdoor toilet will be open and available for players to use.
– All staff will have sanitizer and PPE equipment.
– Session will be non-contact with correct social distancing. As per FA guidelines. (Players can bring their own football if they wish)
– Also attached is a consent form that MUST be completed and signed prior to session, without this players cannot train.
If you require any more information, please contact;